Monday, August 3, 2015

Meal Plan Week #31

After last week I matched up a lot of our sales with our meal plan I realized I saved a good amount of money at the store. So I'm trying it again this week. I don't like to match up every single day of the week's meal with something on sale, but a few key sides or main proteins certainly helps out and isn't too hard. In case you are curious about my sale prices, I shop at Kroger.

MONDAY: Hot Dogs & Brats with Corn on the Cob and Grapes
I bought brats awhile back on sale and hot dogs are $1 a pack this week - corn is also 10 for $3 and grapes are $0.99/lb so this will make for a nice, easy and inexpensive meal.

TUESDAY: Bean Burritos
I made refried beans and we still have a batch in the freezer. Hopefully we'll have a few more tomatoes from the garden to use on our burritos as well!

WEDNESDAY: Paninis with Watermelon
Our favorite bread is on sale for paninis (under $3 a loaf) and watermelon is just $3.99 this week. Oh and sliced cheese is on special too ($1.49 each). Yum!

THURSDAY: Buffalo Style Mozzarella Pork Chops with Asparagus
My kids love asparagus, I can't ever remember liking it when I was little. But it is just $1.99/lb this week and if my kids don't love this new pork chop recipe at least I know they will eat their veggies :) Oh and pork chops are just $1.99/lb this week.


FRIDAY: Dinner Out
There's a little place called The Stand. They have glorified junk food (walking tacos, coney dogs, ice cream, things like that) but I don't think we've ever taken the kids. It will be our last Friday of summer treat!

Do you meal plan based on what's on sale or do you make whatever sounds good?

1 comment:

  1. Those buffalo style pork chops sound really good, I am going to add them to my 'to try' list!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison