Monday, August 15, 2016

Meal Plan #33 + a Milestone

Today is a big today, a milestone if you will. Not only is it the first day of school, but this is also my 500th blog post! Say what? I had enough to talk about for 500 posts? I don't believe it. Although my husband would probably believe it with all the talking that I do. 
I started this lil ol blog out of boredom at a job that I only spent about 3/4 of the day actually working. That job is long gone, but I've still managed to come back week after week to have something to say. Now I guess I blog as a way to connect with other people. Whether it's the mundane (ooh that looks like a good recipe to make or cute outfit!) or on a more personal level (I know your struggle, I can relate) there are a lot of bloggers out there that can make you feel less alone. 
I started my blog thinking that nobody would ever read it. It wasn't for anyone else but me. Even now, I don't care so much about the comments or page views. Just getting the words out, knowing that someone, somewhere might be reading is all I need. So to those of you who do comment and offer advice or positive feedback ... thank you. It is nice to know someone is listening reading out there. 
Ok enough of the why I blog speech ... let's get into what's for dinner this week! Which is something I really do enjoy planning because it keeps me sane Monday - Friday after work :)

MONDAY: Paninis with Watermelon
We'll celebrate the first day of school with a meal we all love!

TUESDAY: Roasted Chickpea and Broccoli Burritos
I'm calling these veggie burritos on the fridge version of this meal plan. This recipe is out of Thug Kitchen - but I've learned everyone will enjoy the recipes in this cookbook, if I don't use their exact titles :) I haven't made anything bad out of this cookbook and would highly recommend it if you are looking to include more real food, vegetarian meals into your life. My husband has looked through the book and has yet to realize nothing contains meat, the recipes sound good enough on their own for him to try!

WEDNESDAY: BBQ Chicken Pasta
Another one pot meal from Damn Delicious. I tell you what, this lady has amazing recipes! You won't be disappointed.

THURSDAY: YOYO
You're On Your Own for dinner tonight - you can cook something but mama isn't helping :) My kids actually really enjoy this night every couple of weeks. 

FRIDAY: Homemade Pizza
We'll end the first week of school with homemade pizzas. If it's crazy hot outside, I may throw them on the grill. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison