Friday, February 26, 2016

5 on Friday

1. I'm looking forward to a couple hours of kid-free time tonight. The girls have movie night at school. Hopefully the husband and I can run out and buy J's birthday presents while they are there.

2. Feeling pretty impressed with myself that it's 2 full months into the year and I've already read 8 books. My goal for the year is 30 so I think I'm on track to hit that! You can follow my progress over there to the right ----> or on Goodreads.

3. Working out and eating properly is still a constant struggle for me. I thought this work challenge would help me get on the right track, but oh the temptations! I am very proud that I've managed to stay away from Diet Coke which is my kryptonite.



4. I need to step up my outfit game for work and for play. I always love the trends, but never feel like I can pull them off. Instead I pin anything and everything that I like. I would live in jeans and yoga pants if that was acceptable. But I have client meetings during the week that I need to look nice for and on the weekends I don't want to look like a total slob. I see a shopping trip in my future.

5. After complaining last Friday that I still had Christmas wrapping paper laying around the spare bedroom I actually did something about it. I spent almost an hour cleaning out our spare bedroom which also acts as my craft/sewing room. I'm sure my Mom will appreciate it when she comes to visit next week. 

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Kudos to you on keeping away from the Diet Coke! It's hard to quit soda, trust me, I know. :)
    I hope you enjoyed your kid-free time ;)
    If my closet looked anything like my Pinterest that would be a dream!! Have you tried ThredUp? It's an online consignment/thrift store. You can find brand new clothes there with tags at a lower price. My daughter's and I love it! My oldest daughter (14) gets compliments all the time at school, but she's not paying what her friends at school do. I have an invite link: http://www.thredup.com/r/HGEYKE
    I hope you don't mind that I shared that, but I sincerely love ThredUp and thought you might too. :)
    I finally put away a roll of Christmas paper on Thursday, it was propped up in a corner of my room.
    XOXO
    www.mrsaokaworkinprogress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison