Friday, March 25, 2016

5 on Friday


1. Today is half day at work, yeah for Good Friday! That makes for a good Friday for sure.

2. We have 2 Easter celebrations this weekend. Saturday I am in charge of dessert. I've been trying to avoid my Sweets & Treats board so I didn't gain 100 lbs, so I was excited to dive in and pick out something yummy. Of course I couldn't pick just one recipe. I'll be making Double Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Cookies and M&M Cookie Bars.


3. I've been pretty stressed lately with a lot on my mind. I've always thought about trying meditation but didn't want to just sit there and try to figure out what I should be doing. I found an app called Headspace that gives you 10 free 10 minute sessions. They are truly awesome. They guide you through the meditations and best of all it's only 10 minutes. I've even managed to get the kids to leave me alone for that long to listen each night. I highly recommend checking it out.

4. I am excited for the warmer weather, the flowers blooming and spending more time outside. I hope I can keep my allergies under control during it all!

5. Last week I shared that I had big news ... and we are certainly excited about it. We are in the process of buying a new house! We found one a couple weeks ago that we couldn't live without and made an offer on the spot. It's got a better layout, larger garage for storing lawn equipment and great location. It's pretty overwhelming as we try to settle all the fiances, get our current home ready to sell and try to start thinking about packing. But gosh am I excited!

Have a great Easter weekend - Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats. Happy Easter! I want those M&M cookie bars.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought about trying meditation before, I get stressed pretty easily too and I get anxiety sometimes. I should try it, I can definitely find 10 minutes in my day. CONGRATS on the new home!!!!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison