Thursday, October 4, 2012

Mini Apple Pies

Is your mouth watering yet? Well it should be! These mini apple pies were delicious. I usually make one totally-from-scratch apple pie every year. This year I decided to make mini apple pies instead of one large one. I was so happy with how they turned out. I made them on Sunday afternoon and as of Tuesday morning only 1 remains and I think that's because my DH didn't see it hiding in the fridge the night before ;)

The recipe is fairly basic, but it takes awhile to put everything together (this is all from scratch remember!).

Dough
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup shortening
4-5 Tbsp cold water

Filling
6 cups of thinly sliced apples (about 2 1/2 lbs)
1 Tbsp lemon juice
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg

Crumb topping
1/2 cup flour 
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 Tbsp cold butter

Bake at 375* for 25 minutes. Top with whipped cream or serve along side a scoop of vanilla ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison