Saturday, January 14, 2012

Slow Cooker Potato Soup

I'm not sure where I got the basic recipe at, but here's my version of the tastiest, yet super-easy Potato Soup.

8 potatoes - pared, cut into bite size pieces (8-10)
1 onion, chopped
1/4 cup butter/margarine
1 can evapourated milk (13 oz)
1 carrot, sliced
1 celery stalk, sliced
1 Tbsp parsley flakes
4 - 5 cups chicken stock OR 4-5 cups water with 4 chicken bouillon cubes
Salt and pepper to taste

Combine all ingredients except evapourated milk. Cook on high 4-5 hours or 10-12 hours on low. Add milk for the last 30 minutes. If you want you can add 1 cup of diced ham or 1/3 cup shredded cheese at this point too. Slightly mash the potatoes before serving. I served mine with a little less than 1/2 Tbsp of shredded cheese on top. You could also add bacon bits if you want.

This was a HUGE hit with the family (including my DH who doesn't like soup). The number one tip I have is not to mash the potatoes too much or your soup will be too runny and you won't have any potato chunks. Unfortuantely, we ate this so quickly that I didn't get to take any pictures, but trust me you'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison