Monday, August 22, 2011

A Handmade Christmas?

Every year I like to make a few handmade items to give as Christmas presents. I normally do jar recipes for those people I'm not really sure what they would like. I have a few standard jar recipes that I use for chocolate chip brownies, sugar cookies and bean soup, but am always on the lookout for something new. I've had A make things for the grandparents too, such as painting on matted canvas and decorating ornaments. 

This year I want to make more gifts, but don't know where to start. It's less time consuming to go shopping and pick something up, but I also like the thoughtfulness of a handmade present. But a handmade present can take a lot of time. Since the summer is winding down and we'll be spending more time inside instead of outside camping every weekend I want to get started now. What's your go to for handmade Christmas presents? Or should I just stick to what I normally do and keep on buying the majority of my presents?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison