Thursday, January 22, 2015

Travel Bug

Our family is catching the travel bug this year. We've got tons of ideas of where we'd like to go and some trips are already planned. Here's our 2015 Travel Bucket List.

Girls Trip to Florida
My mom moved to Florida last year so the girls and I are headed down for a weekend near Sarasota. We are hoping to visit Legoland since the girls have heard all about it from their cousins who went over Winter Break.

Western Caribbean Cruise!
We are taking a Disney cruise that leaves from Florida and makes stops in Cozumel Mexico, Falmouth Jamaica, Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands and of course Disney's own island Castaway Cay. It will be 7 days of awesome adventures!

Niagara Falls
Since we will have gotten our passports for the cruise, we thought we'd head up to Niagara Falls and then we could venture into the Canadian side. 

North Carolina
It's been a few years since we've made a trip down to NC to visit my Dad who lives there. Maybe we'll have a little mountain adventure while we're there. 

Of course we'd love to go more places, but this is what's on the list for this year. 

Getting out of Indiana is always a good thing in our minds and we try to go to new place each time. Last year we managed trips to Disney World (Florida), Chicago, Mammoth Cave (Kentucky) and Holiday World in Santa Claus, IN. We also made our standard trips to Indianapolis and Pentwater, MI to visit family.

Where are you going? Where do you recommend we go next year? 

3 comments:

  1. I am totally jealous of your travel plans! Because one of our goals is to get out of debt, our travel will be curtailed this year. I know that we have a couple of beach trips planned (we have friends with a beach house in Seaside, FL and my husband's parents rent house on the beach with friends each summer), and I'm hoping to get some camping done. Maybe a trip to visit friends in Louisville.

    I think my mother-in-law is planning a trip to DC for the summer and that I am going with her. She's planning it with her childhood best friend, who is bringing her daughter, so MIL said she didn't want to feel like she was missing out on the fun by not bringing her daughter with her. ;)

    As for where you should go - New Orleans is always fun (my husband and I have started exploring it more in the last year or so - taking tours, hitting the museums), but I also like St. Louis. Lots of fun to be had there. I really wish I had made it to Chicago when I lived in Louisville. It was on my list but never quite happened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You have a lot of fun trips planned. I would love to do a cruise again, I did two of them before Nathan was born. We are planning a big trip to Disney in June, can't wait! Brian and I usually go somewhere without the kids, but we haven't decided where yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You're off to a good start! We haven't planned any travels yet for 2015 but soon enough we'll come up with something. Safe travels!

    www.perksandgrumps.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison