Tuesday, June 25, 2013

One run down

Well I didn't set a PR or win the whole race but that wasn't my goal for this run. I haven't run much this year and that makes me sad. There have been a whole bunch of reasons why but none of them seem like a good enough excuse for not getting up off my ass so I won't even bother trying to tell you what they are.
I got up early and got my run on Father's Day weekend for the Diva Dash 2013. It felt good. I love this race because it's an all women's race. Of course there are the super fit ladies that win every race they run but there are also ladies who are running for the first time or maybe not even running at all they are just there to walk and support the cause. It doesn't matter how fast you are going, what matters is you got up and made it there. I kept reminding myself that it doesn't matter how fast I run, I'm still lapping everyone on the couch. Running makes me happy. I hate taking pictures of my face after I run. It's always beet red and I'm sweating like nobody's business. But for some reason after this race, I thought ... "I did it, I ran this race why not show off my sweat and red face with pride?". So I did -- a little selfie photo before I hopped back in my car to leave. 
It wasn't so terrible after all. I ran this same race last year and beat my time by almost 2 minutes. That felt good. I know I'm just getting better and stronger every time I run. I just need to kick myself more often to get up and do it. I have a 10k coming up in September, I better kick it into high gear. 6 miles is a long way, but I know I'll be ready! Remember ... just keep running!

I'll do a food related post soon, but had to put this out there. I love finding new inspirational bloggers out there in the healthy food and fitness area. Check out Peas and Crayons and her What I Ate Wednesday link up. Seriously addicting to look through all the blogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison