Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Make your own: Taco Seasoning

How many times have you gone to the store and bought the packets of taco seasoning? I used to do it all the time. And then I thought ... why am I spending money on this little packet when I probably have all this stuff in my cabinet to make it myself?! And then I would know exactly what was inside. Thus the homemade taco seasoning was created in my kitchen.
It's so easy to make and can easily be customized for your family's taste. Here's what you need:

  • 1 Tbsp onion powder
  • 1 Tbsp chili powder
  • 1 Tbsp ground cumin
  • 1 Tbsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 Tbsp ground red pepper (cayenne)
  • Mason jar or some sort of container to hold it all
Put everything in your jar, put on the lid and shake it up! If you add more red pepper or more chili powder you will have a spicier seasoning so adjust it for your family. I made a double batch just to get started but you could make this in much larger quantities once you get your mixture the way you like it. Enjoy!

*Linking up with Not Just a Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison