I was super excited to be chosen to receive a VoxBox from Influenster. Say what? You haven't heard of Influenster ... well email me and I'll send you an invite.
Look at all the goodies that showed up at my door.
1. $25 discount to SoleSociety
3. Goody Quikstyle Brush
4. NYC New York Color Liquid Lipshine
5. Kiss Nail Dress
6. Quaker Real Medley Oatmeal +
I got busy trying everything right away. Here's the lowdown on what you need and what you can pass on.
1. I picked out a pair of shoes for work called Kacie. Of course I had to get the polka dot ones because they were just too cute! I like that they offer free shipping both ways so if you need to return you can do that. I've never bought a pair of shoes online before mainly because you never know how they are going to fit. And what do you know, I got my shoes and they don't fit. I returned the shoes and received a store credit, but because I used a coupon code I had to contact customer service to get the full amount credited back to me to buy the same shoes in a smaller size. It was a bit of a hassle, but eventually I got my shoes. I haven't worn them yet since the 3" of snow outside has been keeping me in full coverage shoes lately. Overall, I probably won't buy shoes online again unless I know how they fit beforehand.
2.Trying to keep up with 2 kids and work full time means that is mama is usually too tired to work out. I decided to give EBOOST a try before a workout. I had enough energy to make it through the whole work out. I like that it's all natural as well. No funky chemicals.
3. The brush claims to dry your hair 30% faster. Since that would require a lot of math work on my part to figure out if this really did anything 30% faster, I'm going to skip that part. I can say that when used with my hair dryer I did notice that my hair dried faster. However used on its own I didn't notice anything. I like the brush but I think it might best be used on someone with thicker hair. I have long hair but it's fine so I don't think it was really soaking up the water I was expecting. Either way, I'm happy with it and it will be kept in my normal routine.
4. I love me a good lip gloss. My 5 year old snatched this one up before I got a chance to use it. When I finally got it back I was impressed. I loved the glossy look without the stickiness that comes from most other glosses. The shade I received matched my lip color fairly close. I am happy to add this nude shade to my collection.
5. I've tried other brands of the peel and stick nail polish so I had high hopes for these. Unfortunately I wasn't impressed with the application. They look forever to put on! I don't have long fingernails so the instructions to "wrap around the tip of your nail" just isn't possible for me. It was really hard to break off the end of them without busting out the scissors and risk injuring myself. They've held up through the normal mom routine (dishes, work and bathtime) but didn't make it to the 10 day mark they claim. [See a picture]
6. I received the Apple Walnut Oatmeal. I'm not a big fan of oatmeal with lots of stuff in it. I thought it had too much sugar (22g for a single serving is a bit much) but at least the calories were in-line for breakfast. The apple and cranberries were really good but I could've done without the walnuts. Overall, it was too sweet for me but I guess I'm just a plain oatmeal kind of girl.
What will you try out?