Monday, January 7, 2013

Chicken Pot Pie Cupcakes

I've been trying to make at least one Pinterest recipe a month. What's the point of pinning if I don't ever do anything with them?! After being gone for a week I was ready to make some nice homemade dinners. It was freezing outside compared to our 60* beach weather so chicken pot pie sounded like something I needed to make but since I'm a little obsessed with things in cupcake form I had to make the Chicken Pot Pie Cupcakes. We had been gone for a week I didn't have much on hand so I had to improvise. For starters I didn't have cream of chicken soup so I had to make my own. 

Chicken Pot Pie Cupcakes
Original recipe from Tablespoon but changed slightly be me

1 chicken breast poached and diced
1 can cream of chicken soup (I didn't have this so I made a roux and added 1/2 cup milk and 1/2 cup chicken stock. This made mine a bit more watery but they still tasted good)
1 cup frozen mixed veggies
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp of whatever herbs you might have on hand
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic salt
2 cans Pillsbury (or store brand, I don't judge) biscuits {I cut a few in half to make 12 because 10 was just weird to me}

Combine everything but the biscuits together. Put the biscuits into a greased cupcake pan so that they line the sides. Fill them up super full. {Since I had a more watery chicken soup my bubbled over in the oven. Just stick a cookie sheet on the next rack down to catch any drippings. I had to clean my oven out afterwards .. ugh!} Bake at 400* for 12-15 minutes. Don't let them get burnt! Let them sit a few minutes so the biscuits can absorb some of the liquid and then enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison