Wednesday, December 30, 2015

My year in books - 2015

It's part of my end of the year blog posts to write about the books that I read this year. Here's the 2014 and 2013 recaps if you are interested! At the beginning of the year I set a goal for the number of books that I'm going to read for the year. I set my goal for 35 this year, but only managed 29. I'm counting that 29 with pride though. I went weeks at a time without reading a book this year so I'm pretty impressed with completing 29 books. I track everything through Goodreads and couldn't recommend it more! So let's take a look at all these books ...




In no particular order here are my 5 favorites from the year:
  1. Better Than Before - Gretchen's books are some of my favorites and this one certainly didn't disappoint. I would make sure you've read her other books before reading this one. It will make more sense.
  2. The Rosie Project - I saw a lot of people reading this one and it didn't disappoint. The follow up is eually as good.
  3. The Fault in Our Stars - I'm probably the last person to read this, I haven't even watched the movie. But it was a winner and made me cry.
  4. Eat to Live - Dr. Joel's view on food is eye opening. The way he recommends eating makes a lot of sense. I'll be putting some of his suggestions in place in 2016.
  5. The Likeness - This is the second book that follows up to In The Woods. The first one had me hooked, but the second one has me waiting to read the third!

I also made a few bad choices this year, lots of really dumb chick lit that I read really fast but then couldn't remember what had even happened a week later.
  1. Killing Monica - I expected more from Candace Bushnell.
  2. Three Wishes - Another author that I normally love, but this title fell flat. Sorry, Liane Moriarty.
  3. Sex on Tuesdays - I was desperate for something to read, I wish I had picked something else.
  4. Torch - Apparently my idea of reading authors I know was a bad decision this year. Cheryl Strayed must have learned better story telling skills by the time she wrote Wild.
So if I'm going to continue going strong with my goal of 30 books for 2016 I need suggestions!! What should I read? Any favorites I'm missing out on? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison