Monday, December 14, 2015

Meal Plan Week #50 + a few extras

Holy moly - it's almost Christmas! I feel like I am completely overwhelmed with everything going on. Holiday parties for work, for school, for our families. Every day is party! Well not quite, but it's beginning to feel that way. Saturday we hosted our 3rd Ugly Sweater Party and white elephant exchange with our friends and families. It was a good time had by all. 
Oh aren't we cute? And yes my nose had flashing lights. It was pretty awesome :) This Friday I'm in charge of the 3rd grade holiday party at school. I found some fun ideas on Pinterest - because duh where else would I come up with these genius ideas?! So I have been assembling goodie bags and making print outs and finding jokes that 3rd graders will think are hysterical. It will be a good time. 

Next week we are taking off to North Carolina to spend Christmas with my Dad & step mom. I'm not sure the last time we visited their house - well actually we haven't been to the house since they moved in almost 4 years ago. Whoops! So we figured it was time for a visit. That means packing not only clothes and entertainment for the trip but also all the Christmas presents. And somehow remembering to not forget the ones from Santa!

All of that craziness takes us into the meal plan for this week. It's not exciting, but it's one less thing I have to worry about each night.

MONDAY: Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup
Special request from the kids for this week

TUESDAY: Fajitas
I can't remember the last time I made fajitas! Taco Tuesday is getting an upgrade this week :)

WEDNESDAY: Dinner on the Go
I hate to do this, but with all the craziness that is going on this week plus the last swim lesson of the session for J - I can't think ahead enough to find a crock pot recipe for dinner. So I'll pick up something on my way home.

THURSDAY: Ravioli
Another special request from the kids this week

FRIDAY: YOYO / Clean Out The Fridge
Since we are headed out of town we'll clean out the fridge to get prepared.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison