I'm pretty sure I did a post like this last year, let me check. Oh yep there it is! I set a very pie in the sky high goal of reading 65 books this year. And well I certainly didn't make that goal! But that's ok. I read so many books last year because I was traveling back and forth to work with nothing else to do and spending an hour of my lunch break doing nothing in that tiny little town so I read a lot. This year though, I got my new job in March so I haven't had as much travel time and no more boring lunches. I am happy to report that I managed to read 39 books this year! Here's a quick look.
Now let's talk about five of my favorites:
1. Eat & Run - loved the insight into long distance running and the role that food plays on that journey.
2. The Husband's Secret - I couldn't put this one down, must-read for sure!
3. Year of No Sugar - I was on a bit of a food kick this year - I don't think I could go a year, but this was a really interesting read.
4. Big Little Lies - There was a bunch of hype here and it certainly lived up to my expectations.
5. Orange Is the New Black - I read this and then I started the Netflix series. I'm not addicted, ok I am.
And here were a few that disappointed me:
1. The Interestings - So many good reviews, I just couldn't get into it.
2. Let's Pretend This Never Happened - I love her blog, but the book just wasn't the same.
3. Nadia Knows Best - I've loved so many of Jill's books, but this just wasn't one of them.
4. I Hope They Serve Beer In Hell - Just no. Don't even waste your time looking up a review for this one.
5. A Mile In My Flip-Flops - It was just average, I wouldn't rush out to read this one.
Read any winners that I should add to my list for 2015?