Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Warm weather, time to shop!

It's finally starting to get warm here in Indiana. We've had a few days of 70* weather which is a heat wave compared to the 30* days we faced a few weeks ago. Of course as I type this we are only expected to hit the mid-50s today so I may be daydreaming a bit. For the past 60+ days I've been really focusing on my eating and have been very committed to getting healthy and getting fit. I made a promise to myself that I wouldn't buy any new clothes for spring/summer until I lost some weight and was happier with myself.

I've managed to lose 7 lbs so far which is a huge accomplishment for me. I've tried and failed many times on my get healthy, get fit mantra over the past few years. We are taking a cruise at the end of May so I really wanted to feel more confident in myself before I was stuck in a bathing suit for 7 days straight. I'm noticing a difference in the way my clothes fit. I notice that the belly pooch is a little smaller than it was before. I know I'm healthier than I was 60+ days ago and I know that I'm a little stronger than I was before as well. So until I'm ready to buy some new clothes I'll just do some online window shopping and plan my new wardrobe. I did however pick up 4 of the $3 tanks from Old Navy this week, but that hardly counts right?




I'm a sucker for a good graphic tee {Lemon Tee Shop}

I think I need a denim jacket. My girls are always wearing theirs, I bet I could get some good use out of one! {Old Navy}
Floral prints usually aren't my thing but this top is super cute and screams spring! {Old Navy}
I love wedges, these would go with just about anything. {Gap}
I'm sure I'd get these dirty in .2 seconds with kids around but white pants = summer weather. {h&m}

For work I'm really loving how I can pair a blazer with jeans and get it away with it during the week. {h&m}

It's the one thing I'm dreading most, but I will need to buy a bathing suit before our cruise. I'm having a terrible time finding anything that I like. Help!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison