Sunday, January 5, 2014

Ripping it up

I have a confession ... P90X only lasted about a week and a half. It was just too much. I work full-time and have two kids and husband. I don't have at least 90 minutes every day to work out. I needed something shorter. Then along came Christmas and I got one of my wish list presents -- Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD. Wahoo! I knew it was the answer to my problem. I set 12/30/13 as my start date, I didn't want to be a cliche Jan. 1st starter. 
I did take New Year's Day off, but I've done the work outs every day since I started. And I also stumbled across a Jillian Michaels DVD IG challenge which I'm now participating in and is helping to keep me motivated. Jan 2-Feb 2 you pick any Jillian DVD and work out for 30 days. You can see all the details here and join in on the fun! Tomorrow is my last Week 1 workout and then I'm moving on to the Week 2 workout. 

You can keep following my workout progress and the rest of the Jillian challenge with #jmdvdchallenge on IG.

How's your workout coming along? Sticking to your program or struggling for motivation?


Venus Trapped in Mars

4 comments:

  1. P90x seems like the most daunting thing in the world to me. I really think the key to being successful with working out is to find something you actually enjoy doing. If I had to get on a treadmill, you may as well forget it. Do you need anything for Jillian's program? Like weights or anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jillian does have some great workouts. I usually have to mute her though bc she talks way more than I like to listen to while I'm working out. Good luck, you sound like you're on the right track!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never tried P90X, but have seen amazing results from others that have. I really don't have the time for it... I do like Jillian's 30 Day Shred so this Ripped in 30 sounds interesting! Good luck! I can't wait to hear how it goes as you continue it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Jillian. And I love her voice and talking to me. I know most people have to mute her but I love her screaming at me. I love that you thought about not wanting to be cliche lol. I'd do that too. Awesome job sticking with it! Thanks for linking up and sharing on IG!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison