Monday, September 30, 2013

Results: September Goals


The month is over ... so how did I do on my goals for the month. Here's a quick recap of those goals:
1. Finalize a working budget
2. Be active
3. Run my first 10k
4. Try 5 new recipes

Finalize a working budget is probably the least fun goal for the month which is probably why I semi-accomplished it. I started a savings/budget/get my fiances in order board to start gathering tips and ideas from others. Thanks to Nicole for the inspiration. We know what we need to do to make this happen it's just putting pen to paper and making it real.

I feel like I failed on being active. I've been nursing a knee injury this month which has kept me from running and any other strenuous knee activities. I was trying to take it easy so I could still run my first 10k at the end of the month. Runner's knee is no joke and no fun. This also meant the hubby and I didn't workout together. Looks like I know what my first October goal will be :)

Well I did it! I ran my first 10k and I finished within my goal time. To say I'm happy and proud of myself is an understatement. With all the problems with my knee I was really nervous but I slapped my knee brace on and ran for 6.2 miles. It was awesome. I never knew I could push myself so far but sprinting across that finish line was simply amazing!


Try 5 new recipes was a fun one for me even though I didn't hit 5 total.
  • My MIL and I had made up some freezer meals and one of our recipes was for a Pizza Bake. Verdict: So easy to put together and everyone loved it!
  • I made my own bread! This recipe was easy to follow. It was a little doughy but my guess is that's because I didn't roll it thin enough. I will make this again!
  • I was inspired by these lasagna roll-ups to make my own. I did them with spinach for the hubby and me and the kids without any.
  • I'm pretty sure I made at least one more but I can't remember.

Now to plan my October goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison