Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Lunchtime Notes

I had a mini impromptu craft session last night. About 2 times a week A packs a lunch for school and I always try to include something special, a note, small piece of candy or a small trinket. I decided to take her plain sandwich container that we picked up for $1 at Target and turn it into a way to send her a message without adding extra paper to her lunchbox.

Since I already had chalkboard paint on hand this project didn't cost me a thing! I can change out the note every time or just draw a silly face. She loved it! Here's the steps

  1. Buy a $1 sandwich container
  2. Paint the top with a few coats of chalkboard paint (mine took close to 4 coats to cover)
  3. Prep the dried paint by rubbing a piece of chalk all across it
  4. Wipe clean and add your special note!
  5. Ta-da!

Packed lunches just got way cooler at our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison