Thursday, August 1, 2013

Sneak a peek

Guess what I'm working on? This post is a hint! Go look, I'll wait. Ok you are back ... good! I'm gettin' crafty!
I had a layer cake of this Moda collection laying around. I knew it would be perfect for my next quilt! That's right, I'm making another one. It might be even more of a cheater quilt than my strip quilt because it's just layer cakes sewn together. Just because I don't make my own blocks, doesn't mean I'm not making a quilt. I'm just not advanced yet to try piecing, it scares me! So now that I had my fabric in hand, I did what any reasonable person would do. Went to Starbucks!
Once I had my energy boost I got sewing. I was supposed to be cleaning the house for DH's birthday cookout, but hey the sewing machine was calling my name. I couldn't say no. Here's a peek at the layout, I'll take more photos once the whole top is put together. I have terrible lighting my guest bedroom/sewing room so you'll just have to imagine how awesome all the colors are :)

I don't have plans for the backing yet. I hope to finish the top this week. I love the colors!! If it doesn't look right in J's room then we will use this as another camping blanket or a throw for the living room. I can't wait until it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison