Saturday, December 31, 2011

Banana Muffins

One of my baking specialities is banana bread or banana muffins. My DH requests this ALL the time and even the kids can't get enough. We are having a New Year's Day brunch so I figured, what better to share than my uber delicious banana muffins!


2 cups flour (1 cup white, 1 cup whole wheat)
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed bananas

Preheat oven to 350. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a separte bowl and set aside. Cream butter and sugar. Stir in eggs and bananas. Add your flour mixture. At this point you can either put in a 9x5 greased loaf pan or make 12 muffins with a small loaf or right around 24 muffins.

For larger loaf bake 60-65 minutes
For muffins bake 23-27 minutes
For small loaf bake 30-35 mintues

Here's my number one tip when making this recipe. Don't use the full 2 1/3 cups of bananas, add some applesauce. I generally do 2/3 cups applesauce and the rest mashed bananas. Otherwise it is just too much banana going on.


Linking up to Thirty Handmade Days and Muffin Mondays

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison