Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Cookies!

Every year I get together with my MIL and SIL and we bake cookies. I'm not talking about a batch of cookies ... we are talking about TONS of cookies. All different kinds, shapes, ingredients, etc. It has become our tradition since DH and I got our first apartment together (I was still in high school!). Here's a couple pictures of last year's baking.

 


Yes we are slightly crazy, ok really crazy. Well Sunday was our day ... Christmas cookie day. We gather all our recipes (some I found and have been pinning for weeks), the ingredients, the aprons, the kids and whatever else we may need and get to baking. Bear with me as I try to get all the descriptions in ...
From the top ... snickerdoodles, chocolate crackles, orange crackles and corn flake wreaths
From the top left ... chocolate pretzel bark, oreo lollipops, chocolate covered wheat thins, chocolate dream bars & chocolate/peanut bars
Bottom row ... modified version of the chocolate bark, peanut butter cookie cups, buckeye bars, brownie pops and buckeyes (we got tired of dipping so some are left plain)
Sadly, not everything was a success ... we attempted the incredibly easy holiday candy, but it only made it as far as the trash can. I'm not sure what we did wrong, but it was gross. I mean really gross. 


If you want any recipes from the stuff above, let me know and I'll do my best to put some up. Happy holiday baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison