Sunday, December 7, 2014

New recipe week!

After this week's dismal performance of a meal plan. I made a real dinner on Monday and then deemed Tuesday-Friday each person's choice. So Tuesday was me, Wednesday was A, Thursday was the husband and Friday was J. Basically that person just got a say in what we had for dinner that night. It was usually all over the place and I was disappointed we didn't have a meal plan to go along with our busy week. We are headed toward the holidays so it's back on track this week. Since last week was a free for all (no new recipes), I've decided this week will only be new recipes! All recipes are coming from my sorely neglected Pinterest boards. Here's the plan ...

MONDAY: Skillet Lasagna (3 out of 4 stars)
I love lasagna, so do the kids, but it's such a chore to make. This skillet version is easier and healthier, sign me up!

TUESDAY: Mexican Lasagna (4 out of 4 stars)
I know it sounds like I'm on a lasagna kick, but this one is made with tortillas and not noodles. And since it's Taco Tuesday we needed something Mexican food related for tonight's dinner. I'll probably need to make another batch of taco seasoning as I'm about out - check out this easy way to make your own!

WEDNESDAY: Ranch Pork Chops with Mashed Potatoes (2 out of 4 stars)
This recipe looks super easy and so delicious. They recommend making with garlic mashed potatoes but I know that won't go over well with the kids. I'll save time for the potatoes and cheat with instant (shhh!). And it's a crock pot recipe!

THURSDAY: Grilled Cheese Pizza Sandwiches (4 out of 4 stars)
Pizza and grilled cheese together - shut up!

FRIDAY: Beef & Potato Stew (4 out of 4 stars - This was awesome!)
Two slow cooker meals this week! I've been wanting some beef stew so I hope this one is a winner.

Got any new recipes I should add to my boards? Let's hope this turns into a successful meal plan week!

1 comment:

  1. I am making ranch pork chops right now in the crock pot! And I'm doing homemade mashed potatoes and green beans on the side. I am making lasagna soup this week, first time trying that recipe!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison