Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Hair Envy

I don't do much with my hair. It's either up or down. Sometimes I go wild and crazy and put it half up. It won't curl, it's stick straight and it's fine. Very fine. So my options are very limited as to what I can do with it. Hair is one of those great debates with women. Nobody likes theirs, they want their friends hair or a celebrity's hair. If you have curly, you want straight. If you have straight, you want curly. 
Here's what I did the last time I got my hair done. The "new do" on the right had zero volume and the side part wouldn't stay so I ended up with a lopsided hair cut because it wanted to part down the middle.
I never had a problem with my hair being stick straight until I realized it wouldn't do anything else beside be stick straight. I don't have the option to curl mine, it just won't stay. Ok let me be honest, it will stay for about 20 minutes and then it's flat as can be. I can't do the fun "scrunchy" look when my hair is wet and apply some moose and expect it to stay. I can't do the "beach hair" because I would just look like there was an oil slick on top of my head. So yes I'm complaining about my hair. And I'm sure some of you reading this are thinking "I'd kill for straight hair" but think ... right now you have options. My only option is straight hair that sticks to my face. Look through my 30x30 pictures to see how lifeless my hair really is. It's tragic.

I finally broke down and scheduled a hair appointment for Friday. I need something new to happen on top of my head. I already know I'm going for some highlights because sadly damaging my hair with color is the only way to get some volume out of it. But the cut ... uh ... well I'm just not sure. I have great ideas for what I want my hair to be but I can't make any of them work because of it's flatness. Oh I can't do bangs, I just can't. Here's what my hair aspires to be ...
Fun hair with some volume but not much maintenance {pin}
Ability to style without everything falling flat {pin}
How about a sock bun and head wrap, heck I'd even just take one! {pin}
Big romantic curls for a dressed up look {pin}

So help a flat haired girl out. What do I do with this mess of mine? Friday morning is rapidly approaching and I need some ideas!

1 comment:

  1. oh man, I wish that my hair would do some of those things! I love that 2nd look! and thanks for linking up today with Treat Yo Self Thursday!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison