Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Excuses don't burn calories


Believe it or not this has been happening the last two days at my house. P90X has entered our home and I'm making it my mission to make sure it stays. Will it stay for 90 days? I'm not sure but getting into better shape is absolutely happening. I've gone on "get fit" binges before and I've always been disappointed with the results. So this time I'm setting smaller goals that don't have to do with the scale (even though pounds off the scale would be really nice!). Here they are for all the world to see:

  • Increase flexibility -- I want to be able to touch my toes either standing or sitting or both
  • Cut back on sugar -- I have a major sweet tooth, I need to learn how to curb this. I'm not going crazy and cutting out all sugar 
  • Control my portions -- I had gotten really good at this and have since fallen off the wagon, it's time to hop back on. I don't need to eat the entire plate of nachos (even if I think I want to)
  • Drink more water -- enough said. Get the water in the body, all day, every day.

Today I'm feeling sore. I'm just glad it's not sorry. Any tips or motivation for me to stick to my goals? I really want this to work this time. I'm all in.

5 comments:

  1. good luck with these goals, Allison! I think that I could follow the ones about portion control and drinking more H20! maybe we can keep each other motivated ;)

    ps, thanks for linking up with Treat Yo Self!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome goals! I think setting smaller goals is the way to go; that's what I've decided to do because I get so overwhelmed when I think of the long-term and the big picture all at once! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you're already on the right track. You posted on your blog for everyone to see. Now if you don't do what you set out to do you're not only disappointing yourself, you have to admit it to everyone. Wow. I sound kind of harsh. But that is why I posted all about my goals so that if I skip a workout day I have to admit it in my weekly recap. It helps me to get up in the am and do what I have to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I honestly think telling people that you are on a fitness kick is motivating! I've never done P90x before, but I hear it is one of the best things you can do for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i did p90x and IT WAS FREAKING INCREDIBLE. i also did all the insanity dvds and those are awesome too. workout in front of a mirror -- when you see your muscles pop, it pushes you to lift harder/heavier. p90x and body beast were 2 of my fav programs.

    YOU CAN DO THIS!!

    -kathy
    Vodka and Soda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison