As soon as I spotted this DIY maxi dress, I knew I had to try it out! Us short girls can't buy a maxi dress from the store without having to shorten it about 4 inches so I knew this was my solution. I pretty much followed the tutorial step-by-step aside from the elastic thread. Wal-Mart was out, Michaels didn't have any and I wasn't driving across town for elastic thread (mainly because I knew I'd end up buying WAY more). I spent less than $10 on the fabric and the tank top. I'm pretty happy with the results. I ended up not having enough "extra" fabric to create a large waistband tie so I'm still brainstorming solutions for that.
|Sorry for the lack of a decent photo, A took this one|
Linking up to Thirty Handmade Days