Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pin-testing

I've seen a lot of people trying our their pins (which is good because I see WAY too many people that pin but then never act). I decided I better get in on the action. I've tried a few recipes and decided this weekend was my weekend for trying new things. I settled on Toddler Muffins and homemade Egg McMuffins. Both are so far a big success!
Toddler Muffins, originally created by Lori and posted on AllRecipes.com

A loved these and has deemed them "delicious!". J is weird about her bread items and has never liked any kind of muffins so I'm not surprised that she didn't take a liking to them.


Homemade Egg McMuffins, originally created by Nick from Macheesmo














I followed the directions posted and made some minor modifications to the recipe to suit the tastes of my DH and me. The major changes from Nick's recipe was the addition of meat (deli turkey and ham) and using sliced cheese instead of shredded (it just seemed less messy that way). I frozen a batch pre-made, as directed, but after reading some of the comments on the blog it seemed like many people were having trouble re-heating the muffins.




I decided to take the other 6 eggs and freeze them without pre-assembling them so that you can heat the egg separately from the rest of the sandwich and avoid a hard muffin and burning hot inside. I'll update after I eat one each way and decide which worked better. I did leave one assembled sandwich out and let DH try it, he said it was good so at least I know we started out with a good recipe!


Update: I let one thaw out in the fridge overnight and then heated it up in the microwave for about 40 seconds. Tasted pretty good. 
Additional Update: I don't recommend reheating the way the original blog suggests, it took forever and I just don't have that kind of time in the morning.


Linking up to Thirty Handmade Days

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison