Thursday, October 13, 2011

My green bin!


You see that green bin? It brings me goodies every other Wednesday. The kids gather around and try to rip it open as fast as possible. This green bin of goodies is delivered right to my door full of fresh, locally grown, organic fruits and vegetables courtesy of Green B.E.A.N Delivery.
This week's bin consisted of:
1 green cabbage
2 lbs of ivory sweet potatoes
1 bunch of broccoli
1 lb celery hearts
1 lb baby carrots
2 granny smith apples
6 red bartlett pears
4 honeycrisp apples
1 pomegranate
1 lb bananas
1 lb red grapes

Wanna know the best thing ... it only cost me $31.50! A normal (small) produce bin is $35 (still an awesome price!), but I follow them on Twitter and they ran a little contest this past week. It took me two minutes to submit them a link to my blog and they gave me 10% off my bin! (I love discounts!!) Well maybe the price isn't the best thing ... seeing these happy faces when they get to pick something out of the bin is pretty great too!
If Green B.E.A.N delivers to your house I highly recommend signing up. Be sure to tell them I sent you (then I'll get another discount!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison