Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Happy Birthday, J!

WOW! How time flies ... my baby girl is a year old today! I can hardly believe it. It seems like just a few weeks ago my DH and I were loading up the truck at 4:30 a.m. to head to the hospital for my induction. My labor went quickly and before lunch I had another beautiful daughter. I remember being amazed at how wonderful I felt after I gave birth. I had energy, I was excited, I felt empowered. Natural childbirth is by far the best choice (IMHO) and I wouldn't change my decision for the world. I was sore, but I felt a sense of calm over my body and I knew that now I was a mother. For some reason I never really realized it until the day J was born. When A was born I was so young and didn't really understand what it meant to be parent, but by the time J came along I got it. (It was my Oprah "ah-ha" moment) Today we celebrate J and the happiness that she has brought to our family. We wouldn't be complete without her. She makes me proud to say I'm a mother.
J at her first birthday party

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison