Thursday, March 31, 2011

Being Grown Up

It's rough being grown up. I'm a working mother with two small children. My DH and I own 2 house which means 2 mortgages every month. Our current rental tenants will be moving out at the end of April and the house is up for sale. I hope we sell it. I don't want to move someone in, have a lease signed and then sell the house and have to kick them out. So right now we are trying to figure out what to do. Should we just work overtime every week to pay for the 2nd mortgage? Should we try to find another renter? Should we rent out the garage to my father in law so we don't have to pay the whole mortgage? Decisions, decisions. Grown up decisions are no fun.

Decisions were easy as a kid ... Do I want to play with Amy or Alli at recess? Do I want chocolate or white milk for lunch? Should I ask Mom to make chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies for snack? Should I wear the pink or purple shirt to school? I want an easy decision! I would like to play with Alli while we eat peanut butter cookies and drink chocolate milk, but I hope I don't spill anything on my pink shirt. See that's easy! Why can't grown up decisions be so easy?! 

I guess I did it to myself, I grew up before any of my friends. I got married, bought a house, had a kid, got a real job, had another kid and bought another house. I have responsibilities now. I have hard decisions now and I've got to figure out what to do about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison