Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Back at it

To say I fell off my fitness bandwagon would be an understatement. I finished up the Jillian Michaels DVD Challenge and then just gave up. I don't know why, I felt good, I liked the DVDs. I think hating my job made me not want to enjoy anything. Now that I have a new job that I love I'm ready to hope back on board the healthy train. What better way to get my butt in shape than join more than 600 other ladies in the #1800MinuteChallenge. 

I'm sure that I'm not the first blog to talk about this so I'll save you the details. I just want to say I'm in. I'm doing it. I'm committed. Two months this time. It's for real. Like really real. I'm going to succeed. There is no other option. 
I got myself motivated by signing up for 2 races already this year. First one will be a fun run just to get me started, The Color Run on April 26. Then I'll be doing Diva Dash on May 31 (5k). I'm excited and I'm ready for better weather so I can start running again. 
I'll probably pick back up my JM DVD and give it another go even if I don't do it for 30 days straight. I think the strength training workouts are good for me aside from the cardio I'll get from running. 
The last piece of the puzzle is the food. Oh the food. It gets me every time. Details to come on how I decide to deal with this. Any advice is welcome at this point. 
Here's to continuing my journey to live this year. I've decided if I complete this challenge then I'm going to let myself celebrate. I have a couple ideas in mind on how I want to do that. But I figure I better finish first before getting my heart set on a reward :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison