Monday, August 27, 2012

A getaway for Mommy

I had a bit of an early birthday weekend with my mom. I escaped from normal Mommy duties and went away. Ok so I didn't leave the city but I still got to relax with nobody asking me for anything. We started out with sushi at Naked Tchopstix
Then went to the Hilton Grand Hotel downtown for the evening. The next morning we had a leisurely breakfast and headed to the new DSW that just opened. Of course I had to make a purchase. New heels for work and knee high boots for this fall.
After shoe shopping we went back downtown for Taste of the Arts. Which featured local food vendors, crafters and musicians. We made a quick stop at Old Navy so I could pick up a pair of colored skinny jeans. Here's what I got.

I'm still not exactly sure how to style them, but my new boots go really well with them! Then it was time for some more relaxation at my favorite spa.
Then it was back to reality, back to being a mom. I was ok with that though, I missed them. It's hard to take time out for yourself and not worry about what's going on back at home. I knew my DH was handling everything and that nobody would be broken or upset when I got back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison