Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cheerios Bars

Dana over at MADE did her version of Rice Krispie treats and I was inspired to do the same! We decided to make ours less sugary and used Cheerios instead. Needless to say they were a hit!
6 cups Cheerios

8 cups mini marshmallows


1/4 cup of butter, melted
Melt the marshmallows into the butter. Fold in the Cheerios. Lay out in a greased pan to cool. Then enjoy!
My stirring helper

Ta-da! All finished and cooling off for eating time!
Linking up with 30 Handmade Days, The Answer is Chocolate and I Heart Nap Time

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Thanks for sharing at this week's BFF Open House!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison,

    How fun! My kids love being in the kitchen with me too! I'm sure they would love this twist on the classic treat.

    I followed you over from the SundaeScoop linky party. I would love if you stopped by my blog.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you melt peanut butter and add it in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! My oldest is allergic so always leave it out but you can add it in just like you do with rice krispies.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison