Friday, February 3, 2012

What's for dinner?

This is the most elusive question that happens every night in homes across the world. I know it's something that I think about constantly. Anyone with food allergies knows that this is taken to a whole 'nother level. I have to plan a main meal, then I have to figure out if A can eat anything that we are having. A's allergies consist of milk, eggs, peanuts and tree nuts, so every time I make something I'm running the ingredients through my head. I've become a pro at reading the ingredients lists on prepackaged foods at the grocery store. I've learned to substitute soy milk and soy butter into our normal meals. Nobody knows that I make pancakes with soy milk. Nobody knows that my delicious homemade banana bread is made with soy butter. I am the master of disguise. I've begun pinning dairy-free recipes so I can offer some better alternatives for our meals and her snacks. 
Homemade gummy fruit snacks
Healthy breakfast idea
So now after all this talk about food allergies, I'm still trying to figure out ... what's for dinner?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison