Monday, September 12, 2011

Easy Canvas Art

I was busy this weekend. I was busy scrapbooking on Saturday and I started on my artwork for the craft/play/computer room on Sunday. I've seen a lot of these canvases lately where you glue down (or mod podge) colorful magazine pieces, place letters to spell something out or a silhouette shape and paint over the top in white. When you take off the letters you are left with a colorful word. You can even sand down some of the white paint to show a bit of the color. Here's my inspiration ....
{source}
This would be reverse, but still cool {source}
I'm doing mine on a smaller scale, 8x10 canvas, and I hope to have finished photos after next weekend. If they turn out good, I'm thinking they would be great Christmas presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison