Friday, February 11, 2011

Planning, planning, planning...

I'm obsessed with planning. I plan out my day, I plan out the week, I plan out the weekend, I plan the birthday parties and the doctor's appointments. No matter what it is, I plan it. But there's one thing I don't plan ... time for myself. 

While the DH gets to pick up his friend on Friday nights and hang out in the garage, I'm on Mom duty. While he goes and gets his hair cut or runs to the store, I'm on Mom duty. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids and I love spending time with them (sometimes I feel I don't spend enough time with them) but I never get any time to myself. I started looking at my calendar and realized I haven't had my hair cut since September (which would've been the last time I had any "me" time). September?! Seriously?! Have I really let myself get to this point? I made a goal for this year to learn how to enjoy "me" time. The problem is, how can I enjoy it when I never get it. I feel guilty for leaving my kids and focusing on myself. And now I look back and realize that I haven't done anything for me in months. This weekend isn't looking good for "me" time either. Tonight I'm searching for invitations to J's birthday party and I'm on Mom duty while my DH plays in the garage. Saturday is house cleaning and party supply shopping. Sunday we have to get A's hair cut and visit my Grandma. Oh and don't forget the cooking and laundry that also needs done. Maybe someday I'll fit some "me" time in because it's my life and it's only going to last for so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison