Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Meal Planning


Why haven't I jumped on the meal planning bandwagon sooner?! My evenings are so much less chaotic and I'm pretty sure I'm spending less at the grocery on a weekly basis - that makes for a win in my book. Oh and I can actually plan healthy meals so I'm not sabotaging myself with unhealthy meals on the go. Here's what we are eating this week:

MONDAY: Oct 13
Stuffed Shells with green veggie side - I made double the shells and froze a batch (I love freezer meals!). I normally wouldn't make sure an involved meal on a weekday but I prepped everything Sunday afternoon so all I have to do is pop it in the oven when I get home.


TUESDAY: Oct 14
Taco Bar - the kids love making their own tacos, all I have to do is lay out all the fixings!

WEDNESDAY: Oct 15
Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup (with a pickle on the side) - this is a family favorite and it's perfect for fall.

THURSDAY: Oct 16
Sub sandwiches with broccoli salad - it's BINGO night at school, so we needed this to be quick and easy. I'll probably assemble the broccoli salad the night before so all I have to do is add the dressing.

FRIDAY: Oct 17
Fiesta Ranch Burgers with crinkle cut fries and leftover broccoli salad

Do you meal plan? For busy families I highly recommend it! How do you decide what makes the meal plan each week?

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great menu! I really want the recipe for the stuffed shells, I love meals that you can freeze half a portion of!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison