Tuesday, September 30, 2014

October Goals

I've learned that making a bunch of goals doesn't work well for me. Three is my max. Three I can focus on. Three is manageable.

1. Meal planning: We are on week 3 of meal planning at my house and so far I'm loving it. Our evenings run much smoother when there is a plan for dinner. The age old question "What's for dinner?" never comes up because there is a list posted for everyone to see. And only 1 person in the house can't read so that's not really a problem :) I want to keep the meal planning going, I think it will help get me back on the healthy eating track (which also ties into a goal below)

2. Get active: This has been a weird summer in Indiana. Lots of rain, not very warm and it all meant that I am severely lacking in the activity category. Even if it continues to be rainy and not very warm, I want to be committed to moving more. Whether that's outside (all bundled up) or inside with a Jillian Michaels DVD.

3. Spend more time reading: We got Netflix about 6 weeks ago and I feel like I've been sucked in. Not to mention that fall TV is back so all my favorites are back on (Scandal, Grey's Anatomy and the new How to Get Away With Murder) which takes up my Thursday night. We also just learned that A is falling behind in reading and is "on the bubble" for needing remedial help. I want to step up my own reading (I'm 16 books behind schedule!) to meet my goal for the year. And I want to spend more time reading with A so that she can improve her reading skills. We are taking suggestions for easy chapter books. :)

What are your goals for the month of October?

1 comment:

  1. Those are great goals!! My goals are to finish some post-marriage paperwork and things that I've been putting off haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison