Monday, February 2, 2015

Meal Plan Week #5

The girls and I made it back from sunny Florida to the frozen tundra late on Sunday. This made my normal grocery shopping plans go out the window so we are getting a late start to the meal plan for the week. But nonetheless here it is!

MONDAY: Take out
I hate to do this, but we have no groceries. The rest of the week will be better, I swear!

TUESDAY: Pulled Pork Tacos
Pulled pork in the crock pot makes this one super easy! Dump a jar of salsa over the pork, cook all day, shred it and eat!

WEDNESDAY: Pad Thai 
I found a picky eater (read: kid friendly) pad thai recipe, so we are going to step out of our comfort zone a bit and try this out. This isn't the exact recipe I'm using, but same author so it's close enough :) We will also be claiming this as our "try 1 healthy, new recipe" for the week. UPDATE: This was terrible. Like not even edible, terrible. I threw the whole thing in the trash and then ate this instead.


THURSDAY: Pasta Bake
I have a meeting that is sure to run late tonight so I'll prep everything the night before so the husband can pop this into the oven.

FRIDAY: BBQ Pork Sandwiches
I bought a huge pork loin a couple weeks ago so we will use half on Tuesday for the tacos and the other half for BBQ sandwiches tonight.

What's your favorite recipe to make? I'd love to do a new slow cooker soup/stew next week. 

1 comment:

  1. That Pad Thai looks really good, my kids probably wouldn't like it tho :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison