Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I'm feeling inspired ...

I've learned a lot over the past year or so about eating better and feeding my kids better. I try to pay attention to what is in the foods we eat. I'm not a crazy label lady or anything, but if I can get a loaf of bread that has 7 pronounceable ingredients instead of a loaf that has 30 questionable ones then I'm going to do it! I don't want eating better to break the bank (yes I know we'd end up paying more in health care premiums with bad eating habits).


Through my pinning obsession I cam across a blog featuring real food, 100 Days of Real Food to be exact. I started looking through past blog entries and was amazed. Their budget was small, their goal was big and they did it. I'm impressed, really I am, as I look through their journey. It makes me believe I can take a few small steps to help my kids realize what is good for them and what isn't. 


Not only do I want to make this change for myself, but I want to teach my kids. I want them to grow up happy and healthy and not be part of a statistic of overweight, under nourished kids. Is that too much to ask? I personally stopped eating fast food (McDonald's and such) awhile back. I don't remember what made me stop or the last time I ate it. I just remember feeling horrible after eating a burger and fries. Don't get me wrong I love a good burger, but the keyword there is good. I prefer the ones I make to the flattened, gross things they serve up. 


I'm considering taking their 10 day challenge. With a stubborn hubby and one kid with food allergies I don't think I could get the whole family on board, but maybe they could be on board a few of those 10 days. I think it will be good. I'll let you know what I decide to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really do appreciate every one I get!
~Allison