In no particular order here are my 5 favorites from the year:
- Better Than Before - Gretchen's books are some of my favorites and this one certainly didn't disappoint. I would make sure you've read her other books before reading this one. It will make more sense.
- The Rosie Project - I saw a lot of people reading this one and it didn't disappoint. The follow up is eually as good.
- The Fault in Our Stars - I'm probably the last person to read this, I haven't even watched the movie. But it was a winner and made me cry.
- Eat to Live - Dr. Joel's view on food is eye opening. The way he recommends eating makes a lot of sense. I'll be putting some of his suggestions in place in 2016.
- The Likeness - This is the second book that follows up to In The Woods. The first one had me hooked, but the second one has me waiting to read the third!
I also made a few bad choices this year, lots of really dumb chick lit that I read really fast but then couldn't remember what had even happened a week later.
- Killing Monica - I expected more from Candace Bushnell.
- Three Wishes - Another author that I normally love, but this title fell flat. Sorry, Liane Moriarty.
- Sex on Tuesdays - I was desperate for something to read, I wish I had picked something else.
- Torch - Apparently my idea of reading authors I know was a bad decision this year. Cheryl Strayed must have learned better story telling skills by the time she wrote Wild.